Subject: ungoogled-chromium 140.0.7339.127-1 fails to launch: undefined symbol: valuePush, version LIBXML2_2.4.30

From: Aidan Welch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2025 18:26:48 +0000

Upon updating to 140.0.7339.127-1 attempting to launch chromium gives the
following error:

chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by chromium)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by chromium)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by chromium)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by chromium)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by chromium)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by chromium)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium:
/gnu/store/z37dmax9jy01qpsfkkivblxclysfd3c1-libxml2-2.14.5/lib/libxml2.so.2:
no version information available (required by
/gnu/store/fc5mj68xf9r672g3ja6dclsxx8kbmsly-libxslt-1.1.37/lib/libxslt.so.1)
chromium: symbol lookup error: chromium: undefined symbol: valuePush,
version LIBXML2_2.4.30