Subject: Re: Package python-pylzma Fails to Build

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2025 12:32:52 +0200

Hello,

Am Sat, Aug 09, 2025 at 04:22:00PM +0000 schrieb Benjamin:
> The package python-pylzma fails to build on the latest Guix version.

the package dates from 2018, so it would be good to drop it...

Its only dependent is hydrus-network; is this the package you are
interested in? It has been added in 2022 and then never touched again.
My impression is that python-pylzma can simply be dropped from its inputs,
at least newer versions mark explicitly that they do not need it.

However, then a test fails since our v495 of hydrus-network does not build
with a newer Python. The problem has been corrected in v519, but then a
different test fails:
test_import (hydrus.test.TestClientDB.TestClientDB.test_import) ... Warning: Shape doesn't start with a moveTo
Warning: Shape doesn't start with a moveTo
Warning: Shape doesn't start with a moveTo
Warning: Shape doesn't start with a moveTo
Warning: Shape doesn't start with a moveTo
Error: ID 20 unknown
Error: ID 23 unknown
FAIL
======================================================================
FAIL: test_import (hydrus.test.TestClientDB.TestClientDB.test_import)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/guix-build-hydrus-network-519.drv-0/source/hydrus/test/TestClientDB.py", line 1301, in test_import
    self.assertIn( mr_duration, durations )
AssertionError: 3490 not found in {3500}
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ran 83 tests in 35.292s

Going to the most recent version is also not an easy option, since the
source code has changed so much that it would require changes to our
package.

So after spending quite some time on the package, my hunch would rather
be to make a removal request on Codeberg, which leaves one month for
someone to repair it.

Andreas