Subject: Re: Request for merging "go-team" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2025 12:39:31 +0200

Hello,

Am Sat, Jul 05, 2025 at 09:34:02PM +0100 schrieb Sharlatan Hellseher:
> ï¿œGolang stack rebuild due to change to default compiler.

which seems to be quite a lot of packages - when doing a
"guix refresh -l go", I do not even see how many since the list of
packages rolls off my screen.

> Should we wait core-packages-team, nss-team and c++- team?

I think the core-packages-team is almost ready to go, there is a lot of
work in a milestone
   https://codeberg.org/guix/guix/milestone/21092
to iron out the last problems.

Then I do not see a particular reason to prefer one branch over the
other; all of them will have to be rebased. There is also the qt-team
branch, part of which has been moved to core-packages-team.

The QA data service has been broken for a week now with no branches
being built; CI usually errors out with 504 when clicking on a revision,
but the jobset page for a given branch and the dashboards seem to work.
So to be honest, we currently do not have the tooling to comfortably
decide which branches to merge...

Andreas