Subject: Re: bug#78537: GIMP startup crash on minimal xorg/wm unless gtk+ in profile

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2025 15:46:59 +0900

Hello,

Runciter <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> Thanks for the advice Maxim, that did open new pathways for trial and
> error.
>
> I just submitted a patch version 4 which has gimp succeed at starting
> without crashing in a pure shell.
>
> Finally, it is very much necessary to export GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE from
> the wrapper script, as you suggested. I must have missed it originally
> because it is also imperative that gimp sees the data files of the
> shared-mime-info package.

Yay! Very good that you persevered on that one, that's a happy
resolution!

I'll look into trying and pushing your patch when I have a chance.

Well done!

-- 
Maxim