Subject: ‘guix publish’ crashes with“Signals delivery fails constantly”

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 15:21:50 +0100

‘guix publish’ on ci.guix regularly crashes with SIGABRT and gets
respawned:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
2024-12-01 15:32:36 GET /qzqxm94y500p94sx8k3l2qqd8i8dgcvc.narinfo
2024-12-01 15:32:36 -> GET /qzqxm94y500p94sx8k3l2qqd8i8dgcvc.narinfo: 404
2024-12-01 15:32:36 GET /w8i2h8wngb8zd7lxf1siw6w1qfj94zmb.narinfo
2024-12-01 15:32:36 -> GET /w8i2h8wngb8zd7lxf1siw6w1qfj94zmb.narinfo: 404
2024-12-01 15:32:52 Signals delivery fails constantly at GC #284
2024-12-01 15:32:52 Signals delivery fails constantly
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

(SIGABRT happens right after this last message.)

It’s frequent:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
ludo@berlin ~$ sudo grep "Respawning guix-publish" /var/log/messages
Nov 30 22:37:48 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 04:45:53 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 14:48:08 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:15:04 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:16:47 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:18:25 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:20:58 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:23:57 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:24:39 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:26:32 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:28:36 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:30:51 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:33:04 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
Dec  1 15:34:15 localhost shepherd[1]: Respawning guix-publish. 
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Looks like it’s in good company:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/63368

Ludo’.