Subject: ‘guix shell -C’ doesn’t work on Ubuntu 24.04

From: "nomike (they/them)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 02:23:08 +0100

I've used the install.sh to install guix on my system (Ubuntu 24.10) and 
I'm facing the same issue.
My guix-home config lives in ~/guix-home, so I cd to that directory in a 
gnome-terminal and this happens:

```plaintext
$ guix home -L "${PWD}" container home-config.scm
guix home: error: mount: mount "none" on "/tmp/guix-directory.t82DOq": 
Permission
```
I first stumbled upon the [upstream bug on 
launchpad.net](https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/guix/+bug/2064115) 
and tried the proposed solutions there, but they did not work.
So after some more googling I found this ticket here. I added the 
proposed file to `/etc/apparmor.d/guix` and rebooted my machine.
Now this happens:

```plaintext
$ guix home -L "${PWD}" container home-config.scm
guix home: error: failed to load 'home-config.scm': Permission denied
```

So it seems like we're still missing something.

I'm new to guix and I have no clue about apparmor, so I'm a bit at a loss.

cheers

nomike