Subject: [PATCH 00/14] Add BTF support to kernel, sysdig and dependents, zstd-compressed modules

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 13:20:48 -0400

This series adds BTF (Berkeley Type Format) support to our kernel, catching up
 with other main distributions in enabling embedded BPF (Berkeley Packet
 Filter) programs.

 This was motivated by packaging 'sysdig', a system introspection application
 that can make use of BTF.  Adding BTF does incur some size increase; with
 'linux-libre' package going up from 132 MiB to 164 MiB (24%).  This is later
 somewhat mitigated by using Zstd compressed (at maximum level, 19) kernel
 modules, which brings the kernel size back down to 144 MiB, which corresponds
 to a more reasonable 9% increase from before this series.  The BPF kernel
 variant we were carrying is removed as proper BPF support will now exists in
 our main kernel.

 That's it!  I hope you enjoy using 'csysdig' to keep track of the syscalls and
 IO usage of your process/threads.
 END

Maxim Cournoyer (14):
  gnu: grpc: Modernize.
  gnu: grpc: Propagate abseil-cpp-cxxstd11.
  gnu: Add valijson.
  gnu: libbpf: Use gexps.
  gnu: libbpf: Update to 1.4.1.
  gnu: Add falcosecurity-libs.
  gnu: Add sysdig.
  gnu: Add dwarves.
  gnu: make-linux-libre*: Set KBUILD_BUILD_VERSION for reproducibility.
  gnu: make-linux-libre*: Run install targets in parallel.
  gnu: linux: Turn %default-extra-linux-options into a procedure.
  gnu: linux-libre: Enable BTF debug info.
  gnu: linux-libre: Enable Zstd compression of kernel modules.
  gnu: linux-libre-with-bpf: Deprecate in favor of linux-libre.

 doc/guix-cookbook.texi                        |  17 +-
 gnu/build/linux-modules.scm                   |  62 ++--
 gnu/installer.scm                             |   1 +
 gnu/local.mk                                  |   7 +
 gnu/packages/admin.scm                        |  58 +++
 gnu/packages/linux.scm                        | 347 +++++++++++++-----
 .../dwarves-threading-reproducibility.patch   |  23 ++
 .../falcosecurity-libs-install-pman.patch     |  14 +
 .../falcosecurity-libs-libscap-pc.patch       |  16 +
 ...lcosecurity-libs-libsinsp-pkg-config.patch | 155 ++++++++
 .../falcosecurity-libs-pkg-config.patch       |  23 ++
 ...alcosecurity-libs-shared-library-fix.patch |  50 +++
 .../sysdig-shared-falcosecurity-libs.patch    |  71 ++++
 gnu/packages/rpc.scm                          | 121 +++---
 gnu/packages/serialization.scm                |  26 +-
 gnu/system/linux-initrd.scm                   |   6 +-
 guix/profiles.scm                             |   7 +-
 17 files changed, 812 insertions(+), 192 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/dwarves-threading-reproducibility.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/falcosecurity-libs-install-pman.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/falcosecurity-libs-libscap-pc.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/falcosecurity-libs-libsinsp-pkg-config.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/falcosecurity-libs-pkg-config.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/falcosecurity-libs-shared-library-fix.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/sysdig-shared-falcosecurity-libs.patch

base-commit: 029f2e970d5d14dda2dc89a4a3cc17de573ff90c
-- 
2.41.0