Subject: Re: [bug#67921] [PATCH v3 01/24] gnu: ghc: More robust build with binutils ≥ 2.39.

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2024 15:02:19 +0100

On 2024-10-31 13:46, Nicolas Graves via Guix-patches via wrote:

> Future versions of ghc will have more occurrences of the execstack
> warning.  Instead of modifying the tests for each new version, a more
> robust approach is to explicitely make ghc pass -Wl,-z,noexecstack to
> its ld invocations during all tests.  This is what this patch does.
>
> * gnu/packages/patches/ghc-testsuite-recomp015-execstack.patch: New patches.
> * gnu/local.mk (disp_path_DATA): Deregister patch.
> * gnu/packages/haskell.scm (ghc-8.6, ghc-8.8, ghc-9.0, ghc-9.2,
> ghc-9.4): Deregister patch use. Add phase [email-masked].

My mistake, just to be clear, this patch is here to fix the build of
9.8.4 after the core-updates merges, more than to fix the last errors on
the 9.6 version.  I needed it anyway to be able to compile up to 9.6,
but I haven't taken a look at 9.6 yet.

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves