Subject: Re: bug#67623: [PATCH 0/3 gnome-team]: Require zlib in gdk-3.0.pc.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2025 14:24:37 +0900

Hi,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I came upon this as marked "tag:team-science"; as I understand it, the
> removal of the zlib input in frama-c from the science team is
> conditional to changes made in gtk+.
>
> The upstream bug is still open after more than a year since they ask for
> a merge request.
>
> Could someone from the gnome team please have a look and decide what to
> do with this bug on the Guix side?

Reading https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/6306, it seems we
should just adjust the GTK+ gdk pkg-config file to 'Requires' zlib
instead of adding a '-lz' ?  As zlib provides pkg-config file that'd be
the proper fix.

Could someone contribute such a patch upstream (and carry it in Guix in
the meantime?)

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim