Subject: Re: bug#66757: missing INFOPATH for some packages (Git, Coreutils)

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 11:08:33 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 at 02:32, John Kehayias via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> wrote:

> So I think it is just that you didn't have the "consumer" of the
> search-path, the package info-reader, in the profile. That seems like
> the expected functionality of search-path but maybe I'm missing
> something? Not closing in case it is me not you :)

Aah… yes!  Thanks.

Well, I have various profiles, for instance, coreutils is in one profile
and info-reader is in another.  That’s why it appears to me unexpected.

> (as an aside, I never remember the package for the same thing with
> man...)

That’s man-db. :-)

Well I am closing as ’notabug’; although when using Guix as environment
manager on foreign distro in some scientific context, it means that I
have to pass info-reader and man-db to all my profiles around when
working on some specific project.

Cheers,
simon