Subject: Re: [bug#65317] [PATCH] gnu: Add go-1.21.

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 20:45:20 +0000

Hi all,

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 09:21 PM, VÖRÖSKŐI András wrote:

> From: Katherine Cox-Buday <[email-masked]>
>
> * gnu/packages/golang.scm (go-1.21): New variable.
>

Thanks for your patience and hard work here Katherine! I'm no expert on
go but the packaging (and helpful comments!) looked good to me and it
built and ran locally. I just did a minor reformatting of a comment or
two and (finally!) pushed as 37c33eb0d4f0baecd5f7c7b251b32f78fcfa6641

Thanks again!

> Change-Id: I7c06319c3a8a39c4d6d08964d5e1b848827f6ea0
> ---
>
> Just updated to 1.21.4 and added std definition
>

I split off the adding of the standard library as
c314115dd054c000116dfc4a75df8e1a5e56e715 and gave a co-author line to
András, thanks for the contribution!

While I saw go has 1.21.5 and so I tested that it built locally and
pushed that update as 19f5302d136783d861b42107ae5e2920bbd769d9.

Thanks again everyone!

John