Subject: Re: bug#63647: [PATCH 0/2] Fix annoyance with "guix import go"

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 14:43:49 +0200

Hi,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * guix/import/go.scm (validate-version): Sort available versions.

LGTM!

> From: Stephen Paul Weber <[email-masked]>
>
> * guix/import/go.scm (vcs->origin): New argument module-path-subdirectory.
> Use it to get Git tag as described by <https://go.dev/ref/mod>.
>
> Co-authored-by: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>

[...]

> -(define (vcs->origin vcs-type vcs-repo-url version)
> +(define (vcs->origin vcs-type vcs-repo-url module-path-subdirectory version)
>    "Generate the `origin' block of a package depending on what type of source
>  control system is being used."

Maybe just ‘subdirectory’?  (In general ‘path’ is used for search paths,
not for file names, but I see this module already used the term with
that meaning.)

Also please mention it in the docstring.

Should there be a test, or is it too tricky?

Thanks,
Ludo’.