Subject: Re: bug#63368: Build coordiantor "Signals delivery fails constantly" crashes

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 17:24:56 +0200

Hi,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Since the recent core-updates merge, I've seen the build coordinator
> using less memory, but it's also been crashing in a new way, up to 10
> times a day.
>
> In the log, you see something like:
>
>   2023-05-07 09:15:42 Signals delivery fails constantly at GC #71051
>   2023-05-07 09:15:42 Signals delivery fails constantly
>
> I'm guessing the switch from libgc-8.0.4 to libgc-8.2.2 has something to
> do with this.

Normally on GNU/Linux libgc has:

  #define SIG_SUSPEND SIGPWR

The Coordinator fiddles with SIGALRM, SIGUSR1, SIGINT, and SIGPIPE,
which should normally be fine.

Is there anything else that might interfere with libgc?

Ludo’.