Subject: [core-updates] pre-inst-env no longer works

From: Brian Cully <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:51:58 -0400

After re-configuring my system with core updates and rebooting, 
I'm no longer able to use Guix' ‘pre-inst-env’ command to do 
testing:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
~/src/guix-core-updates $ ./pre-inst-env -- guix build zsh
hint: Consider installing the `glibc-locales' package and defining 
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

     guix install glibc-locales
     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

guix build: error: gcry_md_hash_buffer: Function not implemented
~/src/guix-core-updates $ 
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

System guix (which is now from core-updates on my system) works 
fine:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
~/src/guix-core-updates $ guix build zsh
/gnu/store/viwf9ar2cgly6im3yk9wf2c1dq8l1z3g-zsh-5.8.1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'm not sure what's going on with the locales warning above, but I 
assume it's related to #62934.

-bjc