Subject: Re: bug#62473: [PATCH 0/4] OpenFoam update to version 10

From: reza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 14:52:29 +0000

> This is not OK:
> 
>    https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Synopses-and-Descriptions.html
> 
> You can keep the description of ‘openfoam-org’, which is inherited.
> However, please provide at least a different ‘synopsis’ to show how it
> differs from ‘openfoam-org’.

Ok will change thy synopsis.

> Is the license the same for both?

They have the same license (GPL3.0)

> Does “com” stand for “commercial”, and if so, what are the implications?

"com" stands for the website "openfoam.com". The project forked at some 
point and now there are two almost identical code bases. openfoam-com 

which is maintained by a company has more rapid development in favor of 
stability while openfoam-org stays more conservative with code additions 
but being more stable therefore.

I don't know how to handle the almost identical builds of this two code 
bases, shall I make a function? There is also an issue with the version 
of openfoam-org getting used in the build of openfoam-com, maybe this is 
a bug?