Subject: Re: bug#62473: [PATCH 0/4] OpenFoam update to version 10

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 16:29:31 +0200

Hi Reza,

Great work, it’s good to have an OpenFoam update!

Some comments follow.

reza <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From: Reza Housseini <[email-masked]>
> 
> ---
>  gnu/packages/check.scm | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  1 file changed, 34 insertions(+)

Your mail user agent apparently added DOS-style line endings, which I
think is the reason why <https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/62473> doesn’t
have any info.

Could you try to use ‘git send-email’ in the future, to avoid that kind
of issue?

> +(define-public ftest
> +  (package
> +    (name "ftest")
> +    (version "bf75576064fce2e07f52cd63a3e410f12358728b")

That’s not a reasonable version string; see
<https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Version-Numbers.html>
on how to derive version strings for Git checkouts.

Furthermore, when packaging a snapshot (as opposed to a tagged release),
please add a short comment explaining why we’re not providing a release.

> +    (build-system copy-build-system)
> +    (native-inputs (list cmake-minimal))

Perhaps use ‘cmake-build-system’?

> +    (synopsis "Simple and limited unit-test framework for C++")
> +    (description "A simple and limited unit-test framework for C++")

Please write a full sentence:

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Synopses-and-Descriptions.html

Ludo’.