Subject: [PATCH 0/2] self: Apply grafts to the outputs of the guix derivation.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 08:46:17 +0100

These patches mean that grafts apply to the outputs of the guix
derivation, rather than having grafts apply to the derivation
itself. This moves grafting here to work like grafting for packages,
where you can think of the grafted outputs as a transformed variant of
the ungrafted outputs.

I'm looking at this as it'll allow the Guix Data Service to compute the
derivations without grafts, and for these to be useful for substitutes
regardless of whether users are using grafts.

Christopher Baines (2):
  packages: Add explicit-grafting record type to assist with grafts.
  self: Apply grafts to the outputs of the guix derivation.

 build-aux/build-self.scm |  4 ++-
 guix/packages.scm        | 45 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 guix/self.scm            | 65 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 3 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.1