Subject: Re: [bug#60673] [PATCH 01/39] gnu: Add ocaml-domain-name.

From: Csepp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 02:37:48 +0100

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hey,
>
> While I think the builds look OK for this series, there are quite a few
> formatting issues raised by the linter (this can be seen on [1] and [2]).
>
> 1: https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/60674
> 2:
> https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/compare?base_commit=238f965c331990459a69cbc713ca951ad40e6044&target_commit=3b5485b9cdaebda127dc040ad67a287f39e33519
>
> Could you run the linter on the packages you've added here, address the
> issues it raises and send an updated series?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> [[End of PGP Signed Part]]

Those are all URL constants, can't really do much about them other than slice
them up with string-append, which I'm not sure really helps with
readability or ease of editing.  They were not an issue while I was
editing the code and gnu/packages/ocaml.scm already has a lot of lines
that whitespace-mode highlights as too long, so I thought it wouldn't
matter much and my time would be better spent elsewhere.
The real fix IMHO would be to convert them into git-fetch origins, which
would also make it possible to use git related package transforms.  This
is on my TODO list.
Or at least the OPAM importer should be changed to do the URL splitting.