Subject: Re: bug#60630: [PATCH] guix: channels: Add description field.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 17:25:35 +0100

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Am Samstag, dem 07.01.2023 um 10:24 -0600 schrieb jgart:
>> * guix/channels.scm (<channel>): Add channel description field and
>> comment disambiguating the type expected in an introduction field.
>> * doc/guix.scm (Invoking guix describe): Add channel description
>> field to channels record instance example.
>> 
>> This commit adds an optional description field to a channel intended
>> to describe the channel. Its purpose is similar to the description
>> field in a <package> record.
> Since channel descriptions would be maintained by the user and neither
> Guix' nor the channel's authors, I think it's safe to say that this
> description field would in effect be nothing more but a comment. 

Right, I agree.  What use case did you have in mind, jgart?

Most likely, a description could go to the ‘.guix-channel’ file, if it’s
of any use.

Thanks,
Ludo’.