Subject: [version 1.4.0rc1] Suggested window managers don't work out of the box

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 18:50:48 +0100

Once there was a commit

commit 3ad3c55842dd34adc4b1a1b65ba0abfbdf5b92ee
Author: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date:   Wed Apr 17 00:27:04 2019 +0200

    installer: Desktop environment page now includes window managers.
    
    * gnu/installer/services.scm (<system-service>)[snippet]: Change to be a
    list of sexps and add default value.
    [packages]: New field.
    (%system-services): Adjust 'snippet' fields to be lists of sexps.
    Add Openbox, awesome, i3, and ratpoison.
    (system-services->configuration): Adjust 'snippet' handling.  Honor
    'packages' field.

Maybe openbox and ratpoison services should not be suggested by the
Guix System graphical installer, because they apparently are unusable
without further config files.  Note that sway is not among the
suggested desktop environments either.  WDYT?

Regards,
Florian