Subject: Re: [bug#59372] [PATCH] gnu: peek: Add missing input.

From: jgart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 22:07:30 -0600

On Sat, 19 Nov 2022 03:50:05 +0100 Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, this change doesn't affect the peek 
> package's output at all.  Am I mistaken?  What should the 
> observable difference be, beyond ‘working’?

It was complaining on Ubuntu when I started it that either ffmpeg needs
to be installed or a gnome-shell needs to be running. I didn't log the
exact error message but that was more or less it.

> How are you invoking both peeks, and testing the difference?

When I add ffmpeg it worked without the warning and actually started
recording my screen as expected. After pressing the record button of
course ;()

I tested once without ffmpeg and once with ffmpeg. 

The former failed to record.

> Are they both running in the exact same environment, back-to-back?

Yup I tested both in Ubuntu.

Let me know if you'd like any more info or if I wasn't precise enough
in my description.

all best,

jgart