Subject: Re: [bug#58955] [PATCH] gnu: pd: Update to 0.53-0, unbundle oss and portaudio

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 18:27:48 +0100

Sughosha via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/music.scm (pd): Update to 0.53-0.
> [arguments]: Unbundle oss and portaudio.
> [inputs]: Add portaudio.
> ---
>  gnu/packages/music.scm | 8 +++++---
>  1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

Hey Sughosha,

I'm having a bit of trouble matching up the commit message with the
changes being made.

From the diff, it looks like oss is being disabled, rather than
unbundled. What's the reasoning behind disabling it?

Adding portaudio as an input seems fine I guess, but it might be good to
remove the portaudio files from the source (through a snippet) if there
are some there.

Thanks,

Chris