Subject: Re: bug#58809: [PATCH] gnu: Add samplebrain.

From: Antero Mejr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 14:55:26 +0000

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks!  The license, which is gpl2+ (version 2 or later), according to
> the LICENSE file (and source copyright headers).

Fixed in v2.

> I was about to push this, but running the binary yields:
>
> $ /gnu/store/qi31sc2z7nbi4c3wpj7w218fgbjmfsns-samplebrain-0.18.4/bin/samplebrain
> liblo server error 9904
> Segmentation fault
>
> Could you please look into that?

It looks like that error is because liblo is unable to bind to a port to
create an OSC server. Samplebrain starts up that server on init to do
its audio routing. Were you running the binary in a container, or on a
system that does not have a soundcard or audio software (ALSA, Jack) set
up?
I can't reproduce that error on my ALSA-based system.

Semi-related, is there going to be a revert to fix QT_PLUGIN_PATH on
Wayland? I saw it was being discussed at:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57742

When I run QT applications under XWayland, there is a dialog box bug
that crashes my WM (Sway) and requires a reboot. I first noticed it when
running the dolphin emulator, but now I see it with Samplebrain too.