Subject: [PATCH] gnu packages gnome-console: Remove nautilus extension

From: Mája Tomášek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 19:34:21 +0200

Hi,

this patch removes the gnome-console nautilus extension as it crashes nautilus
(at least on my machine). In my opinion it is safe to remove it, as this
feature is implemented directly into nautilus-43 and the original code is
purged from the gnome-console repo. (see
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/-/merge_requests/911 and
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/console/-/commit/c4bd2312f4b432a33810a8dcdf3cadabae5169d7)

This sadly means, that in nautilus-42 there will be no "Open in Console", but
the issue is on some code that is already deprecated in the Console repo. (I
have studied gdb info and it appears that kgx_nautilus_get_background_items()
returns a GList* that is { .next = NULL, .prev = NULL, .data = NULL } but
nautilus does only perform a check that GList* is NULL, otherwise it expects a
valid list)

I can maybe supply a patch to gnome-console, but I don't see a reason to.

Kind regards,

Maya

---
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm | 3 +--
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/gnome.scm b/gnu/packages/gnome.scm
index fbaef9eb6e..c71894bcb9 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/gnome.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/gnome.scm
@@ -5445,8 +5445,7 @@ (define-public gnome-console
     (build-system meson-build-system)
     (arguments
      (list #:glib-or-gtk? #t
-           #:configure-flags #~(list "-Dtests=true"
-                                     "-Dnautilus=enabled")
+           #:configure-flags #~(list "-Dtests=true")
            #:phases #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
                         (add-after 'unpack 'patch-nautilus-extension-path
                           (lambda _
-- 
2.37.3