Subject: Re: [bug#58463] [PATCH] * doc: guix-cookbook: Add a "Guix API usage examples"

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 08:30:28 +0200

Am Mittwoch, dem 19.10.2022 um 12:15 +0200 schrieb zimoun:
> Hi Liliana,
> 
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 at 14:09, Liliana Marie Prikler
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > I don't think it's useful to write out these timestamps in a way
> > that they're readable to the reader.  They might be fine as
> > comments, but I'd also suggest diverging from simon's structure to
> > accomodate the switch in media (and possibly target audience?)
> 
> What do you mean with
> 
>     I'd also suggest diverging from simon's structure to accomodate
>     the switch in media (and possibly target audience?)
> 
> ?  The path “guix repl” -> script -> extension appears to me a nice
> journey.  What would be your suggestion?
I don't have any problem with this part of the structure, the problem
arises when making a literal transcription of the slides.  Revealing
information bit by bit and piecing things together slowly works great
in presentation where these bits of information can be augmented by
your speech and questions asked in between.  In a manual (or cookbook)
however, it makes more sense to first show the complete product and
then deconstruct it into its parts.

Cheers