Subject: Missing support for NIPT-P384 gpg algorithm in Guix channel authentication.

From: Zhu Zihao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 19:53:28 +0800

I'm working with my private channel, And I update my gpg key using
NIPT-P384 algorithm. But `guix time-machine` complains that:

Updating channel 'cireguix' from Git repository at '/home/citreu/gitrepos/cireguix'...
Authenticating channel 'cireguix', commits 9b37ac0 to 6601a6a (1 new commits)...
[###########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################]Backtrace:
In guix/store.scm:
   659:37 19 (thunk)
In guix/status.scm:
    815:4 18 (call-with-status-report _ _)
In guix/store.scm:
   1298:8 17 (call-with-build-handler #<procedure 7f6086416630 at g…> …)
In guix/inferior.scm:
   904:34 16 (cached-channel-instance #<store-connection 256.99 7f6…> …)
In guix/channels.scm:
    523:7 15 (loop _ _)
In guix/combinators.scm:
    48:26 14 (fold2 #<procedure 7f60883758a0 at guix/channels.scm:5…> …)
In guix/channels.scm:
   533:29 13 (_ #<<channel> name: cireguix url: "/home/citreu/gitre…> …)
   421:12 12 (latest-channel-instance #<store-connection 256.99 7f6…> …)
In guix/git.scm:
    290:7 11 (call-with-repository _ #<procedure 7f60883757e0 at gui…>)
In guix/git-authenticate.scm:
   442:22 10 (authenticate-repository #<git-repository 861da0> _ _ # …)
In guix/progress.scm:
    71:36  9 (call-with-progress-reporter _ _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18  8 (fold #<procedure 7f608943bfc0 at guix/git-authenticat…> …)
In guix/git-authenticate.scm:
   290:24  7 (_ #<git-commit 6601a6ab9073cfe260e1563131990c786519a2…> …)
    226:4  6 (authenticate-commit #<git-repository 861da0> #<git-co…> …)
   129:23  5 (commit-signing-key _ #<oid 6601a6ab9073cfe260e1563131…> …)
In guix/openpgp.scm:
   562:26  4 (verify-openpgp-signature _ _ _)
In gcrypt/pk-crypto.scm:
    250:8  3 (key-type (unsupported-algorithm 19 #vu8(5 43 129 4 …)))
   202:27  2 (_ (unsupported-algorithm 19 #vu8(5 43 129 4 0 34 3 …)) 0)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
In procedure struct-vtable: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting struct): (unsupported-algorithm 19 #vu8(5 43 129 4 0 34 3 3 4 53 239 158 105 250 133 46 247 192 56 245 48 43 60 70 47 46 85 221 226 213 94 248 254 218 85 176 252 233 119 26 85 65 191 47 159 193 86 129 155 186 183 151 233 81 178 42 30 81 234 192 184 140 230 226 26 72 186 82 18 213 187 6 28 34 39 197 75 37 138 226 98 216 187 185 223 222 126 181 122 255 104 171 201 51 254 7 235 245 151 247 168 215 165 73 181))

Does Guix support NIPT-P384 key?
-- 
Retrieve my PGP public key:

  gpg --recv-keys 481F5EEEBA425ADC13247C76A6E672D981B8E744

Zihao