Subject: Re: bug#57460: [PATCH 00/19] Refresh to specific version

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 11:17:52 +0200

Hi,

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * guix/gnu-maintenance.scm
>   (latest-ftp-release): Rename to (import-ftp-release),
>   add keyword-argument 'version'.

Nipick: should be “Rename to 'import-ftp-release' and add #:version
argument.”  (Likewise below.)

> * guix/import/gnu.scm(gnu->guix-package): Adjust function call.
                       ^
Missing space.

> +      (let* ((release  (if version
> +                           (car (filter (lambda (r) (string=? version (upstream-source-version r)))
> +                                        (coalesce-sources releases)))

As you probably know, ‘car’ is frowned upon (info "(guix) Data Types and
Pattern Matching").  Instead, you probably want to write:

  (find (lambda (upstream)
          (string=? (upstream-source-version upstream) version))
        (coalesce-sources releases))

Otherwise LGTM.

Ludo’.