Subject: Re: bug#57375: [PATCH] gnu: fix cups 'install-cups-filters-symlinks phase

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 16:07:07 +0200

Hey Grigory,

>                      (symlink f
> -                             (string-append out "/lib/cups/filter"
> +                             (string-append out "/lib/cups/filter/"
>                                              (basename f))))
>                    (find-files (string-append cups-filters "/lib/cups/filter")))

Thanks for this first contribution! This fix looks fine.

However, the cups package has a lot of dependants (as shown by guix
refresh -l cups). This patch should target core-updates. On that branch,
the package definition has been a bit reworked. Do you think you could
rebase your patch on top of that branch and check that it still works
fine?

Another point, you should write a commit message using the ChangeLog
format. You can find more information here:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html.

You should also use the "git format-patch" command to preserve the
commit data such as author, commit message and so on.

Don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.

Mathieu