Subject: Re: bug#55709: R texinfo documents are not showing up for me

From: Kyle Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 23:29:26 +0000

I had a really hard time getting ~guix gc --verify=contents,repair~ to
actually fix the problem and get commands like emacs to run.

Nothing worked until I mounted /gnu/store as read write and removed the
zeroed file completely for that particular gtk+3.24.30 folder, removed
the ~guix/store/.links~ folder, and then finally reran the ~guix gc ...~
command. That was after doing a fsck as well.

Hat tip to Tobias for spending a good chunk of saturday helping me
through this. He though this might be related to issue 50121 after I
referred him to it.

Cheers,

Kyle

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Dienstag, dem 31.05.2022 um 10:37 +0200 schrieb Maxime Devos:
>> (Is there a method to verify and repair a _single_ store item instead
>> of the whole store?).
> I think the syntax for that'd be ‘[sudo] guix build --repair
> STORE_ITEM’.
>
> Cheers