Subject: Re: [bug#54457] [PATCH 9/9] gnu: Add ulogd

From: fesoj000 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 22:28:21 +0100

On 3/23/22 8:41 PM, Maxime Devos wrote:
> fesoj000 schreef op ma 21-03-2022 om 22:20 [+0100]:
>> +@item
>> +SQL database back-end support: SQLite3, MySQL and PostgreSQL
> Does this work out-of-the-box, or do extra inputs need to be added for
> this?
Good point, this is the upstream description of the daemon. I personally
only use syslog output currently. And yes, to add support for those
database back-ends, we need to add them as inputs. Although i would prefer
to not "blow up" the package. Postgresql and especially mysql a rather "big
boys". On a router this might be a little much. This could be fixed, by
providing a separate "lib" output for those.

For me personally, i plan to continue using syslog output. Further i plan
to use pcap and josn output for certain things, but so far i did not have
time to play with that.

So, what i would do is, add sqlite, libpcap and jansson as inputs. This
enables sqlite, pcap and json output support in ulogd.

If postgresql and mysql is something somebody needs, i would propose to
introduce a new package variant which adds those inputs.

Is this something we could do?