Subject: .guix-authorizations 'version' field documentation

From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 09:40:01 -0500

Hey all,

I've just been able to clone my authenticated personal repository for
the first time in a few weeks because I was confusing the `version`
field of `(authorizations …` to be a file version field as opposed to
the version of the API being used.

For clarity, I'm working on a patch that will edit the section of the
manual to clearly specify that this is the API version (will submit
soon). It currently has a comment in the example source that reads
"current file format version", which lead me to this mistake. Nowhere
else in the text is the `version` field mentioned.

However, as a Lisper, I feel as though the symbol itself could easily
be more descriptive by using `api-version` or something similar rather
than just a generic `version`. It would help prevent other newcomers
from going through the confusion I've just had.

What do You think?

-- 

Christopher Rodriguez