Subject: Re: bug#51206: Message from [email-masked]

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 23:39:02 -0400

retitle 51206 guix pull failure (failed to compute the derivation)
tags 51206 moreinfo
thanks

Hello,

<[email-masked]> writes:

> Reporting ERROR failed to compute the derivation for Guix
> ERROR:
>  1. &nar-error:
>      file: #f
>      port: #<input-output: file 10>
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
> '/gnu/store/j9yrzskrkbgxmnd4fx110h1vvdplf4i8-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
> "cb200394452f3b62353a2da62d3c7f1258bbb8f4"; system: "x86_64-linux";
> host version: "1.3.0"; pull-version: 1).

Thank you for the report!

Could you please provide more context about when such error appeared?
Was it while attempting to run 'guix pull' for the first time following
a fresh install from the 1.3.0 installation image?

Thank you,

Maxim