Subject: Re: bug#48796: Guix on Debian 11 - Cant run or find applications from Guix

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 01:50:37 -0400

Hello,

bo0od <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I suspect you didn't install Guix via this script?  If so, could you try
>> creating the above file, closing relogin in your graphical session and
>> report if it fixed things for you?
>
> Its already answered how to fix it after installation, Thats not the
> only issue, The real issue is guix isnt doing this by default after 
> installing it, You dont expect users to make crazy steps after
> installation just to make guix works properly.

You are right, that the installation script should probably source the
/etc/profile.d/guix.sh that it installed so that things work normally
already in the current shell.

> Solution to this must developed in a way that when user install guix
> package then he type guix install x then it should work without
> further configs.

I agree that making things as smooth as possible for new users is a
worthy goal.

Thanks,

Maxim