Subject: Re: [bug#48237] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-consult: Add‘emacs-ve

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 20:53:28 +0530

Hi all,

I actually think we should not add emacs-vertico to the
propagated-inputs, and remove emacs-flycheck and emacs-selectrum as
well. All these are optional dependencies, and we should leave it to the
user to install the ones they want. At least in this specific case, the
three packages (flycheck, selectrum and vertico) are the kind the user
would want to explicitly install. They aren't backend libraries that
ought to remain invisible to the user.

In fact, this is the version of emacs-consult I have installed in my
profile.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(package
  (inherit emacs-consult)
  (propagated-inputs `()))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Also, byte compilation works for me without any propagated inputs. Am I
missing something?

Regards,
Arun