Subject: Re: bug#47756: [PATCH] gnu: guile-git: Update to 0.5.0.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 23:31:08 +0200

Hi!

I pushed that update independently as
c2e83b71054f953953711e027f863d6c75c6ddb2.

Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/guile.scm (guile-git): Update to 0.5.0.
> [source]: Use ‘git-fetch’ instead of ‘url-fetch’.
> [native-inputs]: Add autoconf, automake, and texinfo.
> ---
> I used ‘git-fetch’ because it is more flexible than ‘url-fetch’, users
> can for example use package transformations to easily use a desired
> commit/branch.

I agree this is desirable.  I didn’t do that because I thought it might
be a case where we need Guile-Git for ‘git-fetch’, but I think I was
wrong (I was confusing with Guile-Zlib, which we cannot obtain via
‘git-fetch’ because ‘git-fetch’ uses it.)

So after all, maybe we can use ‘git-fetch’?

Ludo’.