Subject: Re: bug#47631: Add graphical installation and solve tons of headache

From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 00:31:59 +0200

On Thu, 2021-04-15 at 10:00 +0000, bo0od wrote:
> Guix need to improve itself when first time initiated, Please check 
> other projects like NixOS,Triskel,Mint,Ubuntu...etc
> 
> 
> If you dont like that live graphical gui access, then do it as debian
> is 
> doing it which give you proper gui screen specifically intended to 
> configure your internet then you can proceed with the installation.
> 
> Otherwise guix is useless case specially for new users in places
> where 
> internet need to be configured manually (adding
> IP,Gateway,Netmask... 
> manually).

GNU Guix right now is not for novice users, things progress at their
own pace, based on available contributor time. Everyone realizes the
steep learning curve of GNU Guix. There is many issues to solve before
trying to make GNU Guix more accessible IMO. Be patient and things are
only going to improve. The best way to accelerate this as you ask is to
dive in and contribute, if you can, please do!