Subject: gprolog: hash mismatch

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 19:14:46 +0200

Hi,

Using Guix 55685e4, I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build -S --no-substitutes gprolog
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/yjrcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv
building /gnu/store/yjrcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv...

Starting download of
/gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz
From http://gprolog.org/gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz...
downloading from http://gprolog.org/gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz ...
 gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz  3.4MiB        50.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
sha256 hash mismatch for
/gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz:
  expected hash: 0z4cc42n3k6i35b8mr816iwsvrpxshw6d7dgz6s2h1hy0l7g1p5z
  actual hash:   18mrmx44fll0g1qphadna9g6m7miw8d22lkjavah22vzc38kalyf
hash mismatch for store item
'/gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz'
build of /gnu/store/yjrcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/yj/rcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv.bz2'.
guix build: error: build of
`/gnu/store/yjrcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv'
failed

$ guix build -S gprolog
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
3.6 MB will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz
substituting /gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz...
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz
...
 gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz  3.4MiB         5.9MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%

/gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It is probably an upstream in-place replacement.  This kind of thing is
really annoying because it means that people using substitutes do not
notice whereas people building from source do.

All the best,
simon