Subject: Re: bug#47459: [PATCH] gnu: Add brython.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 22:36:31 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I wanted to merge this in, but as I looked at it, I got curious about
>> the "source" that is on the heavy side (53 MiB), and saw what look like
>> generated "source" code:
>>
>> du -h www/src/py_VFS.js 
>> 4.3M    www/src/py_VFS.js
>>
>> The file contains section that read like: [binary gibberish]

There’s an upstream discussion about these files:

   https://groups.google.com/g/brython/c/gBseOPyY7II

   “the files brython.js, py_VFS.js or brython_dist.js […] are generated
   from the rest of the files”
   
   “In general, the brython.js, py_VFS.js or brython_dist.js are usually
   generated by Pierre after a PR or before a new release except if you
   want to check something specific in your own or if you want to create
   a version for your site with your specific unofficial changes.”

This suggests that there should be a way to generate them from the other
built files.

-- 
Ricardo