Subject: Re: bug#47459: [PATCH] gnu: Add brython.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 15:23:18 -0400

tags 47459 moreinfo
thanks

Hi,

"jgart" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Ludo,
>
> Thank you for your suggestions! They are much appreciated. I think I incorporated all of them and
> bumped brython from 3.9.1 to 3.9.5 since it's been a while... Sorry for the delay. I hope this patch finds you
> well. The above patch was taken from core-updates.
>
> I tried adding a message via the mumi interface but it never went through...

I wanted to merge this in, but as I looked at it, I got curious about
the "source" that is on the heavy side (53 MiB), and saw what look like
generated "source" code:

du -h www/src/py_VFS.js 
4.3M    www/src/py_VFS.js

The file contains section that read like:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I don't think this qualifies as source code.

Could you look into how these source come into existence?  Otherwise
it's akin to bundling binaries, which we strive to not do in Guix.

Thanks,

Maxim