Subject: Re: bug#47266: guix pull: error (substituter)

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 11:48:15 +0100

Hi,

Christoph Schumacher <[email-masked]>
skribis:

>> I suspect the bug is the same as <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47157>.

[...]

> $ guix describe -p /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix
> Generation 136	Mar 12 2021 20:25:23	(current)
>   guix 35b3ab8
>     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
>     branch: master
>     commit: 35b3ab8e5748d9911ae7a0189065d0c25392895b
>
> $ /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix-daemon --version
> guix-daemon (GNU Guix) 1.2.0-15.f8953be

OK, that confirms my guess.  To get the fix for
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47157>, you need to pull (concretely, it
was fixed by the ‘guix’ package upgrade in
94f03125463ee0dba2f7916fcd43fd19d4b6c892).

Could you upgrade and restart your daemon?

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Upgrading-Guix.html

(If you get a bad-response crash while attempting to upgrade, just retry
the operation; it’s transient so every retry makes progress.)

Let us know if the problem still appears after that.  I’m closing the
bug meanwhile.

Thanks for your feedback!

Ludo’.