Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Add 'generic-html' updater

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 22:43:26 +0100

Hi!

These patches allow ‘guix refresh’ coverage to go from 78% to 88%
as reported by ‘guix refresh --list-updaters’ (both are probably
slightly overestimated) by adding a new ‘generic-html’ updater.

The updater crawls the web page where the package’s source tarball
is stored, using Guile-Lib’s (htmlprag), which we depend on since
commit 02e2e093e858e8a0ca7bd66c1f1f6fd0a1705edb.  Among other things,
it handles freedesktop.org packages.

Feedback welcome!

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (7):
  gnu-maintenance: Use (htmlprag) for 'latest-html-release'.
  gnu-maintenance: 'latest-html-release' considers non-relative URLs.
  gnu-maintenance: 'release-file?' rejects checksum files.
  gnu-maintenance: 'latest-html-release' can determine signature file
    name.
  gnu-maintenance: 'latest-html-release' better computes version number.
  gnu-maintenance: Add 'generic-html' updater.
  gnu: hwloc: Add 'release-monitoring-url' property.

 doc/guix.texi            |   6 +-
 gnu/packages/mpi.scm     |   6 ++
 guix/gnu-maintenance.scm | 136 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 3 files changed, 108 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.1