Subject: Re: bug#46347: Boot broken then system init broke my profile, then system recovery download to much data.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 20:51:22 +0100

Pablo,

Pablo Ferreira 写道：
> Sad! #GNU #Guix system did broke after a upgrade.

Sorry to hear that.  ‘It broke’ isn't something we can help with. 
We'll need *a lot* more information to even try.

Installing Guix (‘init’) without an Internet connection is not 
currently supported.  It's also not system recovery.

> I lost my profile and I can't recover.

Recovery is almost always possible without reinstalling.  I doubt 
very much your Guix profile is lost and couldn't be recovered by a 
more experienced user, for example, assuming it hasn't been wiped 
in the meantime.

Guix profiles aren't valuable things, although they're quite handy 
to boot.

> To much auto. Bad.

What does this mean?

Thanks for the report!

T G-R