Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Zstd support for 'guix publish' and 'guix substitute'

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 15:13:27 +0100

Hello Guix!

This adds zstd compression support for ‘guix publish’ and for
‘guix substitute’.

Currently ‘guix substitute’ implements the same policy has before,
which is to pick the smallest archive when several compression
methods are proposed.  The next step will be to make that
configurable.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (5):
  utils: Remove 'compressed-output-port'.
  utils: Support zstd compression via Guile-zstd.
  publish: Add support for zstd compression.
  substitute: Add zstd support.
  doc: Mention optional dependency on Guile-zstd.

 doc/guix.texi               | 23 ++++++++++++-----
 guix/scripts/publish.scm    | 31 +++++++++++++----------
 guix/scripts/substitute.scm |  3 +++
 guix/utils.scm              | 23 ++++++++---------
 tests/publish.scm           | 16 ++++++++++++
 tests/utils.scm             | 49 +++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
 6 files changed, 97 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2