Subject: Re: [bug#44721] [PATCH] gnu: Add terraform.

From: EuAndreh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 09:12:34 -0300

EuAndreh <[email-masked]> writes:

> Now I get it: the Terraform repo used to vendor all of its dependencies,
> and has just stopped doing it recently [0].
>
> But the release tarball still contains all of the vendored dependencies.
> I'm still not sure if that is deliberate, or just left over from the
> previous model of vendoring everything from the source code repository
> itself.
>
> I'll check if the vendoring on the release tarball is deliberate now,
> and start packaging the dependencies as Christopher sugested.
>
> [0]: https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/pull/26358

The commit [0] that removed the vendoring was done in September 24th,
and the release of v0.13.5 [1] was done in October 21st.

However the release of v0.13.5 was a backport, and didn't include the
commit that removed the vendoring. Only v0.14.0-rc1 (the current latest
release) onwards that has removed the vendoring.

So the "go-build-system" just worked because all of the dependencies
were already there. Switching to v0.14.0-rc1 should probably break the
build, and require the dependencies to be packaged individually.

[0]: https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/commit/a7c5a72c3d079fd65b29dd99c1cd0210a4dd1d57
[1]: https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/releases/tag/v0.13.5