Subject: Re: bug#43879: Problem with graphical installer

From: Marinus Savoritias <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 21:18:14 +0200

Hi,

The steps that I followed were:

1. Use guided installation using full disk with graphical installer

2. I selected use entire disk and not a separate /home

3. It gave me the warning that its going to format the disk.

At that point it formatted and I rebooted into the new system. There 
were two partitions there.

One /boot/efi and one root (/). Every time I tried to reconfigure it 
always ended with /boot not having enough space. At that point I went 
into the /boot partition to check what are the files. I curiously found 
that the files from the previous installation of Gentoo were there. Even 
though the installer said that it formatted the disk.

I was using the default that the guided installation uses. I didn't 
change anything there.

At that point as I said I formatted the disk separately to make sure it 
was properly formatted this time but the same thing happened.

The only way I could work around the bug was by selecting the manual 
partitioning instead of guided in the graphical installer.

Regards,

Marinus Savoritias

On 10/19/20 4:41 PM, Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas wrote:
> Hi Marinius,
>
> Marinus Savoritias <[email-masked]> writes:
>> If you follow the guided graphical install guix will fail to
>> reconfigure afterwards.
>>
>> Everytime you will reconfigure it will say no space left on device. On
>> /boot.
> The default installation should not create a separate /boot partition,
> only creates /boot/efi for EFI installations when it cannot be already
> found.
>
> Could you provide the partition map you had when the error happened?  A
> simple df -h would do the trick.
>
> Also, could you confirm the bootloader you were using (grub,
> grub-efi...)?
>
> Best regards,
> Miguel