Subject: Re: bug#43610: IceCat segfault

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 21:12:48 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I have the same problem.  Icecat segfaults right away without any window
>> appearing.  “-safe-mode” does not make a difference, but with “-p” I’m
>> presented with the profile manager.  I haven’t tried creating a new
>> profile yet, nor have I tried deleting files from my existing profile.
>>
>> I’m using Gnome on Guix System.  To be sure that it isn’t caused by a
>> known bug in how we packaged Gnome Shell, I unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH before
>> running icecat, but with no effect.
>>
>> I see a segfault with the latest icecat-78.3.1-guix0-preview1 and with
>> the older 78.3.0-guix0-preview1.  No segfault with
>> 68.12.0-guix0-preview1.
>
> Starting the new Icecat with “icecat --migration” and telling it to
> import the existing Icecat profile did the trick for me.  I did not
> delete anything from my existing profile.

This is not a complete fix, though.  Icecat goes straight back to
segfaulting when restarted.  When I start it with “icecat --migration”
and import the profile (every time I start it) I can get past the
segfault.  So, whatever it does there does not seem to be permanent.

-- 
Ricardo