Subject: Re: bug#43528: Download all issues so I can search?

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 21:32:33 +0200

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> On 2020-09-20 9:30, Yasuaki Kudo wrote:
>> Hi,
>> If possible, I would like to download all guix issues in the tracker
>> (in other words, database dump?) so I can just use full text search
>> locally.   Is it possible?
>
> Probably!  This is basically what Mumi, the software behind
> issues.guix.gnu.org, does: pull all bug-guix and guix-patches mail
> from debbugs.gnu.org and index it locally using Mu.
>
> I don't *think* it uses any secret API/authentication/whitelisted IPs
> etc. but am not very familiar with its innards.

Actually it does exactly that (whitelisted IP doing rsync), ever since
The Indicident.  I used to just fetch all mbox files for all Guix bugs,
but this put the Debbugs servers under excessive load.  After the
server’s IP was blocked from accessing Debbugs we negotiated rsync
access.

We do have full text search on issues.guix.gnu.org.  It was brought to
my attention that it’s not yielding expected results since a while,
though, so this would have to be investigated.

-- 
Ricardo