Subject: Re: bug#43420: icecat causes pulseaudio to crash

From: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 03:49:45 -0500

Actually, it crashes even if I unload module-jack-source and
module-jack-sink.

Pulseaudio is set to autospawn by default, which is maybe why it seems like
nothing is happening on your computer. Maybe try disabling autospawn and
try running pulse in a shell.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 4:13 AM Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > So...playing a youtube video in icecat causes pulse to crash. You can
> > play one video and it works, but it crashes if you open another tab or
> > page with a video in it. Also skipping around the seekbar causes it to
> > crash.
> >
> > bash-5.0$ pulseaudio
> > W: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Stale PID file, overwriting.
> > E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed:
> > org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not
> > provided by any .service files
> > E: [pulseaudio] module-stream-restore.c: Assertion
> > 'pa_hashmap_put(u->dbus_entries, de->entry_name, de) == 0' failed at
> > modules/module-stream-restore.c:1406, function subscribe_callback().
> > Aborting.
>
> Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce this on my x86_64 Guix system.
>
> Starting with a fresh profile in icecat-68.12.0-guix0-preview1, I tried
> watching 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6U2Un5kEdI', first using the
> bundled 'ViewTube' extension (as happens with the default IceCat
> configuration), and later with LibreJS and ViewTube disabled to test
> Youtube's Javascript player.  I tried opening another video in another
> tab while playing the first video, seeking around the file, etc, but
> pulseaudio did not crash for me.
>
> Is anyone else able to reproduce this?
>
> Nathan: Would you like to try running "icecat -no-remote -p" and
> creating a fresh new profile for testing purposes, and seeing if you can
> reproduce the pulseaudio crash while using the new profile?  If not,
> maybe try adding back your usual extensions to the test profile and
> seeing if that makes a difference?
>
>       Mark
>