Subject: [PATCH] doc: Mention config.scm in reconfigure description

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 21:48:52 +0200

Hi Guix,

this patch is a small change to the manual that should help at least
one confused user from
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/550597/what-is-the-file-to-be-specified-in-guix-system-reconfigure
From dfa9439efbf1de7ffe281dac330a19c1e369e5d8 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 21:46:57 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] doc: Mention config.scm in reconfigure description

* doc/guix.texi (Invoking guix system): Mention `/etc/config.scm' in the
description of guix system reconfigure.
---
 doc/guix.texi | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index a6e14ea177..c10387441e 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -28919,10 +28919,10 @@ As for @command{guix package --search}, the result is written in
 (@pxref{Top, GNU recutils databases,, recutils, GNU recutils manual}).
 
 @item reconfigure
-Build the operating system described in @var{file}, activate it, and
-switch to it@footnote{This action (and the related actions
-@code{switch-generation} and @code{roll-back}) are usable only on
-systems already running Guix System.}.
+Build the operating system described in @var{file} (typically
+@file{/etc/config.scm}), activate it, and switch to it@footnote{This action
+(and the related actions @code{switch-generation} and @code{roll-back}) are
+usable only on systems already running Guix System.}.
 
 @quotation Note
 @c The paragraph below refers to the problem discussed at
-- 
2.28.0