Subject: Re: bug#41715: The program '/gnu/store/foobar/compute-guix-derivation' failed to compute the derivation for guix

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 16:30:27 +0200

Hi,

[email-masked] skribis:

> here is the log uploaded on mediafire:
> http://www.mediafire.com/file/ldqoi68y88rzrn9/log.bz2/file (note that
> if you can recommend another uploading service, feel free to!)

I don’t know, maybe you could run IPFS.

The log reads:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
clone(child_stack=NULL, flags=CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID|CLONE_CHILD_SETTID|SIGCHLD, child_tidptr=0x7f3d44cfee50) = 1498
close(17)                               = 0
read(16, "", 1)                         = 0
close(16)                               = 0
wait4(1498, [{WIFSIGNALED(s) && WTERMSIG(s) == SIGBUS}], 0, NULL) = 1498
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

… which means the ‘compute-guix-derivation’ process crashed with SIGBUS.

Could you run:

  ulimit -c unlimited
  guix pull

That should fail again, but this time there should be a ‘core’ file in
the current directory (or ‘core.’ followed by digits).

Then you can run:

  gdb --core=./core

and at the GDB prompt, type:

  thread apply all bt

Could you let me know what that returns?

Thanks,
Ludo’.